Name: Toyoko Inn Abashiri Ekimae
Address: 1 Chome-3-3 Shinmachi, Abashiri-shi, Hokkaidō
Map code: 305 675 176*36
Approx room rate per pax: 8,600 Yen (about a third of the cost of the hotels. thumbs up)
Parking rate: No charge
Free Wi-Fi access: Yes. Unique passcodes in every room.
My rating: 4/5 (Mainly cause the rates are much more affordable.)
- Off-street parking lots; just behind the hotel
- Extremely polite service staff
- Big bottles of shampoo and body foam
- In-hotel washing and drying machines – two machines each, situated in the laundry room a couple of footsteps from the hotel reception. 100 Yen for 30-min wash and 200 Yen for 30-min drying cycle. No need to bring your own detergent. Heavily used from dinner onwards
- Right next to the train station
Room for improvement:
- Staff couldn’t quite understand our requests; language barrier
- No housekeeping service. Pay a fee to get them to change the towels.
- Simple breakfast, but that’s how they keep their costs low.
- Drinking water not available in the rooms. Gotta use the dispenser in the lobby. Another way to keep costs low.
- Hotels typically charge for parking. Parking rates may vary according to the size of your car.
- Space is a premium in Japan, so don’t expect super spacious rooms.
- All hotels we stayed at provided Febreeze or an equivalent. Thumbs up man. Good for them shoes or the carpet.
Click here for the Itinerary in Summary; details in the following articles:
- Hakodate – 2 nights / activities
- Toyako – 2 nights / activities
- Shimukappu – 3 nights / activities
- Abashiri – 2 nights [You are here] / activities
- Sapporo – 3 nights
Protip #1: Taking the wheel in Hokkaido
Protip #2: Enjoying some rest in the restroom
Protip #3: Avoiding bill shock at restaurants
Protip #4: Chilling and dropping off at convenience stores
Protip #5: Taking the Dreamliner Boeing 787