Name: Toyoko Inn Abashiri Ekimae
Address: 1 Chome-3-3 Shinmachi, Abashiri-shi, Hokkaidō
Map code: 305 675 176*36
Approx room rate per pax: 8,600 Yen (about a third of the cost of the hotels. thumbs up)
Parking rate: No charge
Free Wi-Fi access: Yes. Unique passcodes in every room.
My rating: 4/5 (Mainly cause the rates are much more affordable.)
- Off-street parking lots; just behind the hotel
- Extremely polite service staff
- Big bottles of shampoo and body foam
- In-hotel washing and drying machines – two machines each, situated in the laundry room a couple of footsteps from the hotel reception. 100 Yen for 30-min wash and 200 Yen for 30-min drying cycle. No need to bring your own detergent. Heavily used from dinner onwards
- Right next to the train station
- Staff couldn’t quite understand our requests; language barrier
- No housekeeping service. Pay a fee to get them to change the towels.
- Simple breakfast, but that’s how they keep their costs low.
- Drinking water not available in the rooms. Gotta use the dispenser in the lobby. Another way to keep costs low.
- Hotels typically charge for parking. Parking rates may vary according to the size of your car.
- Space is a premium in Japan, so don’t expect super spacious rooms.
- All hotels we stayed at provided Febreeze or an equivalent. Thumbs up man. Good for them shoes or the carpet.
Click here to return to the main content page on my trip to Hokkaido, Japan.