Name: Toyako Manseikaku Hotel Lakeside Terrace
Address: 21 Tōyakoonsen, Tōyako-chō, Abuta-gun, Hokkaidō 049-5721
Map code: 321 519 551*55
Approx room rate per pax: 23,000 Yen
Parking rate: No charge
Free Wi-Fi access: Yes, but only at the hotel reception area
My rating: 4.5/5 (Good rating cause of the free fireworks display every night!)
- Off-street parking lots; 2-minute walk away from the hotel reception
- 7-Eleven is just in front of the hotel reception
- Free red bean pancakes given out during certain hours at the hotel’s snacks shop
- Extremely polite service staff
- Big bottles of shampoo and body foam
- Daily housekeeping service
- In-hotel washing and drying machines – one each, situated in the onsen bath area. 300 Yen for 30-min wash and 100 Yen for 30-min drying cycle. No need to bring your own detergent.
- Nice breakfast spread
- Lake view – Lake Toya!
- Many sculptures around Lake Toya
- Easy access to boating activities as the lake’s mere metres away
- Free fireworks display every night. Closest I’ve ever been to a fireworks display. View the display from the comfort of your room. Walk to the lakeside for a closer view. Max convenience.
Room for improvement:
- No in-room tap for drinking water. You have to call reception/ operator and they will deliver a jug of iced/hot water.
- Staff couldn’t quite understand our requests; language barrier
- Hotel needs a renovation/ revamp – old vibes.
- Hotels typically charge for parking. Parking rates may vary according to the size of your car.
- Space is a premium in Japan, so don’t expect super spacious rooms.
- All hotels we stayed at provided Febreeze or an equivalent. Thumbs up man. Good for them shoes or the carpet.
Click here for the Itinerary in Summary; details in the following articles:
- Hakodate – 2 nights / activities
- Toyako – 2 nights [You are here] / activities
- Shimukappu – 3 nights / activities
- Abashiri – 2 nights / activities
- Sapporo – 3 nights
Protip #1: Taking the wheel in Hokkaido
Protip #2: Enjoying some rest in the restroom
Protip #3: Avoiding bill shock at restaurants
Protip #4: Chilling and dropping off at convenience stores
Protip #5: Taking the Dreamliner Boeing 787