Name: Toyako Manseikaku Hotel Lakeside Terrace
Address: 21 Tōyakoonsen, Tōyako-chō, Abuta-gun, Hokkaidō 049-5721
Map code: 321 519 551*55
Approx room rate per pax: 23,000 Yen
Parking rate: No charge
Free Wi-Fi access: Yes, but only at the hotel reception area
My rating: 4.5/5 (Good rating cause of the free fireworks display every night!)
- Off-street parking lots; 2-minute walk away from the hotel reception
- 7-Eleven is just in front of the hotel reception
- Free red bean pancakes given out during certain hours at the hotel’s snacks shop
- Extremely polite service staff
- Big bottles of shampoo and body foam
- Daily housekeeping service
- In-hotel washing and drying machines – one each, situated in the onsen bath area. 300 Yen for 30-min wash and 100 Yen for 30-min drying cycle. No need to bring your own detergent.
- Nice breakfast spread
- Lake view – Lake Toya!
- Many sculptures around Lake Toya
- Easy access to boating activities as the lake’s mere metres away
- Free fireworks display every night. Closest I’ve ever been to a fireworks display. View the display from the comfort of your room. Walk to the lakeside for a closer view. Max convenience.
Room for improvement:
- No in-room tap for drinking water. You have to call reception/ operator and they will deliver a jug of iced/hot water.
- Staff couldn’t quite understand our requests; language barrier
- Hotel needs a renovation/ revamp – old vibes.
- Hotels typically charge for parking. Parking rates may vary according to the size of your car.
- Space is a premium in Japan, so don’t expect super spacious rooms.
- All hotels we stayed at provided Febreeze or an equivalent. Thumbs up man. Good for them shoes or the carpet.
Click here to return to the main content page on my trip to Hokkaido, Japan.