Name: Bella Vista Motel Wanaka
Address: 2 Dunmore Street
Rate per night: $210+
My rating: 3.9 Ki out of 5 Wis (mainly because of its accessibility)
- 1-min (or less) walk away from the main town centre
- Nearest supermarket is a 2-min walk away
- 2-min (or less) walk away from beautiful Lake Wanaka
- Off-street parking within the motel compound
- One (noisy) heater with heated duvets for the beds
- Pretty tight apartment with a kitchenette (electric stove, electric kettle, clean utensils and cutlery, etc) – feels like a 3-room (or smaller even) HDB flat
- Washing machines and dryers are available – But I can’t remember the costing
- If you are a habitual person, you should book Bella Vista wherever you go. So far, every single Bella Vista we saw are carbon copies of each other, down to the room numbers and layout. haha
Room for improvement:
- The room is quite small, maybe really small.
- No free Wi-Fi access
- No welcome drink
- No free milk daily, but supermarkets are not too far away
- Single bathroom
- We are a family of four and had to choose bigger rooms to fit us all. Rooms for two would be slightly cheaper.
- I won’t talk about their television and pay TV channels (named SKY TV). Travel to watch TV? Nope, they weren’t our focus.
- The front desk and housekeeping services, like many other shops, restaurants and tourist attractions, are not available round-the-clock. Their working hours are stated clearly at the respective reception. Remember to grab your extra boxes of tissues or toilet rolls early.
- If you need help in any town, find an i-site (NZ’s visitor information centre)
Click here to return to the main content page on my trip to New Zealand.