Our first stop in New Zealand was Christchurch, after landing at Christchurch Airport (duh!). For the first night, we stayed at Rosewood Court Motel. And I must say that I love the “vacancy/no vacancy” neon signs.🙂
Name: Rosewood Court Motel
Address: 85 Sherborne St, Richmond 8014, New Zealand
Rate per night: $200+ we got a significant discount – long story)
My rating: 4.5 Ki out of 5 Wis (mainly because of the friendly owner)
- 20-min drive from Christchurch Airport
- Off-street parking right under the apartment
- Friendly Korean owner who is more than willing to have a chat or two. He gave us good recommendations for activities too.
- 5-min walk away from the supermarket, restaurants, bakery, etc (walk out of Rosewood, turn left and walk straight down)
- Two super-quiet heaters with heated duvets for the beds
- Spacious apartment with fully equipped kitchen (electric stove and microwave)
- Clean cooking utensils and electric kettle
- Vacuum cleaner which comes in handy for your vacuum storage bags
Room for improvement:
- None for now.
- We are a family of four and had to choose bigger rooms to fit us all. Rooms for two would be slightly cheaper.
- I won’t talk about their television and pay TV channels (named SKY TV). Travel to watch TV? Nope, they weren’t our focus.
- The front desk and housekeeping services, like many other shops, restaurants and tourist attractions, are not available round-the-clock. Their working hours are stated clearly at the respective reception. Remember to grab your extra boxes of tissues or toilet rolls early.
- If you need help in any town, find an i-site (NZ’s visitor information centre)
Click here to return to the main content page on my trip to New Zealand.