When we bought the car, we were so happy that we got tuff kote, sound clad and solar films free. Nothing’s free when you pay 50 over thousand for a car, so…..
- Solar film
- We straight away found out that the solar film installed by my SE was Komoco’s in-house brand (Zolar). It was terribly sucky. Apart from just darkening the windows, the film didn’t protect us from the heat.
- We didn’t want to pay more then, so 2 years after we got the car (which was about 2 years ag0), we changed the films to 3M ones. It was quite affordable, 200 bucks for the back windows and the rear windscreen. The installer at The Frontier was really nice too, knowledgeable. I think they are no longer there the last I checked, about 2 weeks ago.
- The film still works well, and you can tell the difference between Zolar and 3M. No bubbling and no peeling off so far (2 years).
- Tuff Kote/Sound Clad
- All Hyundai cars from Komoco get this free.
- I have been regularly sending my avante back to the Sin Ming workshop for them to inspect and respray the layer of tar under the car. (53.50 per inspection, every year)
- They spray on some tar-like stuff under the car, and then spray some white stuff into your door/boot panels for soundproofing
- After spraying, you can hear less of the road noise, and there will be a nice black layer covering the undercarriage of the car, giving you the impression that rust has been eradicated.
- I really do not know how effective this spray is, but so far, there are no rusts spots under my car
- However, after 4 years of using the car, my shock absorbers failed. One of the 4 locked up completely.
- When I went to a reputable workshop to replace the absorbers, they found out that the tar-compound that tuff-kote uses destroyed the hard foam protective dampening system of the absorbers. The petroleum product ate through the hard rubber. That hard rubber is there to prevent the shock absorbers from compressing fully.
- From now on, I will never apply another coat of tuff-kote ever again. Never ever. Even if they give me this service free.