Bye bye lemon. I will never need to put up with a spoil machine anymore. Thank you Apple for agreeing to provide a 1-1 exchange after much discussion.
A summary of problems (that I can remember) encountered since Jul 2008.
- Top case ‘rusted’
- Power adapter not grounded properly
- Funan’s technician destroyed the replaced top case
- Top case replaced 2nd time
- Battery replaced – can’t hold charge properly
- Top case rusted again
- Adapter’s green LED light malfunctioned
- Harddisk’s invalid node structure
- Logic board (USB unable to detect properly)
- Harddisk bad sectors detected
awesome huh. an apple machine no less. a ling mong. I have had to live with all that trouble.
The latest issue got my jumping and hoppingly mad. It was the week with so many submissions and exams are in about 2 weeks, and the laptop had to die again, just 2 weeks after issue 8 was settled. I demanded for a 1-1 exchange, and got directed to the CR department again. Again, the CR peep (Kavi) was really nice, and he sounded really concerned and all, cooled me down a bit.
Long story cut short, they replaced my early-2008 model with a mid-2009 one. Faster CPU (2.4 vs 2.66). Faster and larger RAM (2GB 667 vs. 4GB 1066). Better graphics card (M + Integrated) that runs cooler. Better screen (supposedly). Nice, new trackpad. Black keys.
enough said. Gotta go back to studying. Here’s a photo.
Unverified info: I will get a refund of my current applecare protection plan. I am also able to purchase another APP for this replacement laptop. awesome. Shall verify it on Monday.
People from Apple I have to thank who have helped me along this troublesome process. Thank you for bring so patient when I was so flustered, irritated (and maybe even angry?).
- Murni – Counter staff – QCD @ Apple HQ for being so helpful and expediting the repair process, and being very understanding at the same time
- Kelvin – Technician/equivalent – QCD @ Apple HQ for rushing my repairs when you found out that I was still schooling. I am really glad that you did that. I am also very sorry for putting you through so much trouble because of the many repair jobs. You are the only technician who cleans and polishes a customer’s laptop before returning it to the customer. You are the example for the rest of the technicians from other service centres (Hint: Sapura Funan is not really good. trust me). Finally, with this new laptop, I hope that I need not visit you anymore. 🙂 Hope you get a pay raise too (after the nice written compliment :)). haha
- Kavi – Apple Customer Relations – Yea, you took more than 48 hours to call me back, but still, thanks for expediting the entire replacement process. You told me to wait 7 days for my laptop; it came in less than 48 hours. 🙂