Address: 〒064-0809 Hokkaido Prefecture, Sapporo, Chuo Ward, Minami 9 Jonishi, 2 Chome−２−１０(Note: there are two Mystays hotel in this area. Premier and non-premier)
Map code: 9 463 578*03
Approx room rate per pax: 24,000 Yen (the most expensive hotel for this trip)
Parking rate: 1,000 Yen per night for the vehicles <1.55 metre high; 1,200 Yen for vehicles >1.55 metre. Valet parking is compulsory.
Free Wi-Fi access: Yes. Shared and can be a little slow.
My rating: 3.5/5
- Off-street parking lots; 30-second walk away from the hotel reception
- Big bottles of shampoo and body foam
- Daily housekeeping service
- Free, unlimited access to onsen and shower facilities.
- Located in a more secluded part (quieter and all), the main streets are just about a 10-minute walk away.
- Drinking water available from the tap in the room bathroom.
Room for improvement:
- Staff couldn’t quite understand our requests; language barrier
- No in-hotel washing and drying machines. Thankfully, you will find a couple of purpose-build shops around town – up to 10-min drive away. We tried “Great Coin Laundry by Clean Star” – 1,000 Yen for 60-min wash and dry. Much more ex, but more convenient.
- Hotels typically charge for parking. Parking rates may vary according to the size of your car.
- Space is a premium in Japan, so don’t expect super spacious rooms.
- All hotels we stayed at provided Febreeze or an equivalent. Thumbs up man. Good for them shoes or the carpet.
Click here to return to the main content page on my trip to Hokkaido, Japan.